Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Alabang Town Center Environmental Graphics




Before I was commissioned to do the Alabang Town Center (ATC) Entertainment Area design, the first job was to design and create the environmental graphics for the mall.

I remember I knew what I wanted to do with ATC. I wanted to create a "Filipino" mall - a real classy, sophisticated "Filipino" mall we could call our own. ATC already had somewhat a "Spanish / Mediterranean" architecture which I thought could work with the Filipino concept.

At first client was not so crazy about placing "jeepney" images in their upscale mall but once we made a prototype (we made a mall directory), they knew exactly what I wanted to do and they gave me a go ahead.

Thus when you go to Alabang Town Center - you will be able to see kalesas, jeepneys decorating mall posts. The restroom is called a "banyo" with male and female icons in a barong and baro't saya. A certain part of the mall has icons of a Filipino market or "palengke".

A truly classy and sophisticated Filipino mall! :-)





No comments:

Post a Comment