Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Alabang Town Center Entertainment Center











Not a lot of graphic designers / artists / illustrators design spaces and I think that is precisely why I LOVE doing it.

Alabang Town Center (ATC) Entertainment Center will always be one of my favorite projects. The dream team was a joy to work with - Belen Javier, Carina Go and the rest were amazing. Everyone wanted the BEST (at the lowest cost), and I think that is why we got along so well.

The job was to make a new look for a very old building - at minimum budget. At first I thought of a Metropolitan Museum / turn of the century look (to go along with the Spanish / Filipino architecture of the rest of the mall) but they client wanted something modern and contemporary - I understood why.

We designed everything - graphics, layout, facade, store guidelines, ceilings, floorings (our motto - "God is in the details") - there was a time I myself would be painting murals (I remember a security guard recognizing me as a TV host and wondering what I was doing painting a mural at the job site late late at night). People have preconceived notions of what TV people are - but then again I'm was really never a TV person.

I really liked ATC and the whole experience of creating it. I miss the people and ATC will always be special to me.

1 comment:

  1. i usually hang-out at ATC. kaw pala nag-design nun, galing! you really never failed to amazed me. two thumbs up kuya robert!
    many many more creative works to come... -bane grace.ΓΌ

    ReplyDelete